Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Think I See A Rainbow.

i often get so caught up in the everyday drama's that i forget the good that has happened in my life.

the joy and redemption that has taken place in my life isn't a thing of the past. 
i am saved from myself on a daily basis. 

looking at who i was i realize i was beyond redemption, and yet i got it anyway. 
i cursed my family, my friends, my god. 

i was so hurt, i wanted someone to be punished for what i'd been through.
so i punished myself. 

but when you become desperate, you'll cling to anything. 
i had a glimmer of a hope dangled before me, and i was fortunate enough to cling to that instead of something else superficial. 

i could have gone from destructive to destroyed. 
but i went from destroyed to redeemed. 

i forget this all the time.
but i have a good friend that reminds me about my hope and future. 
i've been through the darkness, and i don't need to again.

all the mistakes i make, you make, we make, are forgiven and forgotten by the one that matters. 
it holds no volume in his eyes. 
we can't make a mistake big enough for him to turn his back on us. 

it's impossible. 

and although we go through life, eager to point out mistakes in ourselves and others, it ultimately does not matter. 

we're redeemed through him.

so all the mishaps that have been going on in my life are irrelevant. 
they hurt and they suck.
but that's the end of the sob story. 

"i know that whatever you're going through is the dark before the dawn and that your life is a continuous story of redemption."

i needed someone to smack me across the head to remind me. 
so i figured you might too. 

yours until the pigs fly,
alessondra marie

No comments:

Post a Comment