Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Lesson Learned

i used to play the game of life one of two ways. either i wouldn't play, or i'd play dirty.

some of the most important decisions of my existance were influenced not by passion, but by malice.

as i've grown and learned many different lessons, i've found a determination that doesn't derive from hurt, resentment, or spite.

i've found that my sweeter spirit comes from a place of deep desire, faith and hope. 

this road that i chose to travel wasn't a necessity. i could have avoided my angst. but i was too self-absorbed to understand that i had a choice in my behavior.

i was mean.
i was unappreciative. i was selfish. 
i wasn't me.

it damaged many people. 

i repeatedly wish i could go back in time and express my gratitude. 

there is no rewind button. i cannot take back my egomaniacal thoughts, actions, or comments.
all i can do is understand the damage i've created and hope that one day i can be forgiven.
and most importantly, i have to move on. 

yours until the pigs fly,
alessondra marie

No comments:

Post a Comment