Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reflections

my dad and i were creating high school graduation announcements for my brother. (who is going into the air force this summer.) we were trying to find quotes and sayings to put onto it to try to set the mood of the announcement. 


for a short moment, i allowed my mind to wander. i began to think what i would want on my announcement. it certainly would be completely different from what my brother would want, that is for sure. 


but what has made a major impact on my life the way the military, and history has made on my brother's? 


as i've said before, i have an immense love for baking. but that'd be lame to have as a motto to remember my life as a teenager. anything that has to do with baking would be a little too cliche for my taste. 


i love music. i could always use a lyric from my favorite song. that'd be wonderful. but that wouldn't describe who i was, who i am, nor who i will be. 


but alas, i love to read and write. i can't write something of my own, that'd be odd. but my favorite author, he'd be someone wonderful to quote. 


oh, who is he? lewis carroll, of course. the father to non-sense literature. with every word my mind digests, my soul unlocks and transforms itself into something new. he inspires me to be better at everything i do.


so after my short, silent self analysis, i looked up to my dad and told him, "dad, when i graduate, i want a quote by lewis carroll to be on my graduation announcements." 


he nodded his head, and quickly got distracted by the air force emblem i was pasting onto the newly created template. 


yours until the pigs fly, 
alessondra marie

No comments:

Post a Comment