Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Little Things

it's curious when you lay facedown on your bed pleading for god, and instead your cat gets all close and personal. but maybe he has the solution. 


"please god, just show me..."
my cat gets up.
"please god, just be evident..."
my cat jumps off his scratching post.
"please god, just tell me what to do..."
my cat jumps on my bed.
"please god, just love me."
my cat climbs onto my pillow, practically suffocating me, starts purring, and won't stop rubbing against me. 


it was like god was in him, compelling him to love me.


either that, or my cat just got really lovey-dovey and i read into it wayyy too much. 


but when it all comes down, it doesn't matter why he got affectionate, what matters is that he did. and it made me feel loved. it made me feel like i belonged. with god, or with my cat, who really cares what i actually belonged to? it filled the infinite chasm. 


sometimes things happen that don't necessarily seem like god, but when they do, you can't help but wonder if it was him, just revealing himself to be in yet another form.


yours until the pigs fly,
alessondra marie

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting how God works in small things like that.

    ReplyDelete